Monday, June 13, 2011

QVC


Known for selling her sweaters and jeans with plenty of bling, sparkle and shine, QVC’s Jeanne Bice passed away on Friday at the age of 71.

The passing of a woman known for her bubbly personality and colorful clothing was a surprise to many at QVC. Former QVC host Patti Reilly, who often hosted with Bice on-air and remained great friends off-air, went to her Facebook page and remarked, “I love and adore you Jeanne. You have been a blessing in my life. I hope they have rhinestones in Heaven. Sparkle away, my beautiful friend!”
In addition, current host Jacque Gonzalez went to Facebook describing her difficulty when first hearing the news. “I wasn't sure if I was going to go on air after hearing about Jeanne Bice's passing - but our crew helped hold me together - Thank you. I kept thinking of Jeanne - who would have told me to go out and do my job with a smile. Thanks Jeanne - for always believing in me.”
On the Quacker Factor website, a moving note is displayed describing Bice’s beliefs that resonated with so many shoppers or Quackers. It reads, “Jeanne chose to love.  She loved what she did-creating Quacker Factory clothes, with 'sparkle and shine'.  Clothes that made people Happy.”
It goes on to say, “But most of all-above everything else-Jeanne loved the Quackers.  'They come as customers, they stay as friends,'  she said over and over.”
Every show was unique with Bice and her QVC host. Proudly wearing her signature headband, Bice would interact with viewers with a Quack Quack instead of hello. Her conversations were intimate, unique and genuine. Even if viewers didn’t like her clothes, they enjoyed her company.
On her site, fans are reminded that the, “most important lesson was that Jeanne Bice taught the world how to laugh and smile.  She taught us how to look at the good side of things.  She taught us to Dream.  She taught us to Believe.   She taught us to love ourselves; who we are, just as we are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment