Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What will Daniel Radcliffe do post-Potter

Alright, Harry, now it's just getting ridiculous. Don't you have enough records already?!
In case you haven't heard (but let's be honest, you have), "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has been breaking box office records left and right.
The final film in the magical series now holds the title for highest midnight gross ($43.5 million), highest single day gross ($92 million, on Friday), highest domestic opening weekend ($169.2 million) and highest global opening weekend ($478.2 million). All told, the film has earned a remarkable $542.5 million worldwide in just four days.
But the superlatives aren't stopping there. Now, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" can add one more record to its already impressive list: highest IMAX opening weekend.
According to the giant screen distributor, the "Potter" film grossed a tremendous $15.2 million from domestic IMAX showings this weekend for a sizzling $55,000 per theater average.

Over the years, Radcliffe established made close ties with co-stars Rupert Grint and Emma Watson. Radcliffe said of the trio, "Nobody else in the world know(s) quite what it's like to go through all of this from a young age, and go through this mad, surreal, wonderful world for 10 years. We grew up on set together. Rupert and I just laugh all the time together. Emma and I are quite a good foil for each other. We have some great debates on set; you know; she's a smart cookie, so I had my work cut out for me."

Now that the series is ending, Radcliffe says he's thankful.

He said, "I just wanted to say thank-you to everybody, but not just thank-you, because in a very real sense, I do love them in the way that you love a family, and have been there to support you every day for 10 years."

Radcliffe continued, "One of the French King Louis, I'm not sure which one, since I lose track after a certain point -- his last word were, he turned to all the people around him and said, 'Why are you crying, did you imagine I was immortal?' It's that same thing; it's like it had to end sometime, and we may as well celebrate it instead of getting too sad."

But Potter isn't the end of acting for the star.

He said, "I'm on Broadway at the moment, it's an incredibly fun show, and I get to work with incredibly fun people, which means I get to play and have fun every night. I have a film coming out next year called 'The Woman in Black' that comes out (in the U.S.) on January 20. I'm excited for people to see it. It's a supernatural thriller. I think people are going to see a different side of me, I hope."

But who is the real Daniel Radcliffe?

He said, "People have an image of actors or anyone that is in the public eye that, when you meet them, that they are going horrible or very intimidating. I don't think I'm any of those things. I consider myself very, very boring and very, very normal. I guess that would be the thing that surprises people the most, is that there is not much to me that is very surprising."

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2" continues to set box office records with the highest four day gross of over $187 million.

No comments:

Post a Comment