Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Price Attached to the Designer



Fossil Black Ceramic with Stones $225 <<<>>> Michael Kors Ceramic with Crystals $495

Window shopping is something I do often. I know I have a lot of possessions, so I try to look at things I really need at the moment. Of course who can resist, any designer item. A lot can be said without words to a woman who owns a Balenciaga bag or a pair of Louboutin heels. But have we ever thought what origin does that item come from. Nowadays there are so many labels where the work is being outsourced to different countries. When it all comes down to it, how much money are the items we use really worth?
One clear example I came across was in a Fossils store, I noticed many of the watches looked very similar to the Michael Kors watches I love so much. I've been on the hunt for a great ceramic watch, so while I was browsing in Fossil, I saw the most beautiful ceramic watch. It was black with crystals all around the face, and the thing that stood out was the mother of pearl detail in the watch. I've never seen anything like it before, so innovative and stylish!! And to my surprise, way cheaper than any Michael Kors ceramic - $225!!! Talk about my go-to watch, this is definitely on my list of things to get.
A secret I also found out, was that Fossil makes other designer watches!! Yes, Michael Kors being one of them. There goes the reason why the price has inflated because these well known designers need to make profit from the manufacturers. Of course I always knew this fact, but this item really applied to me. Just because I found out this fact, doesn't make me love Michael Kors any less or any other designer. Michael Kors will always be one of my favorite designers regardless, I will always love the Louis Vuitton Evidence sunglasses, and the stylish Burberry trenchcoat. I am a sucker for certain designer things, I admit it...
Which brings me to the point: what is the price you are willing to pay for a designer name?


You Just Do You, Imma Do Me


Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment