Friday, July 1, 2011

SELENA GOMEZ'S HUMBLE BEGINNINGS



Selena Gomez is at the top of her game! Starting out as a Disney breakout star in Wizards of Waverly Place, she has a blossoming music and acting career. Not to mention romancing another megastar Mr. Justin Beiber.




Being only 18 years old, her fame gets bigger with each passing moment. But what may seem like the perfect life, was once not so perfect...

Selena finally opens up about her humble beginnings growing up with a single parent, her mom. Selena recalls, "I remember my mom would run out of gas all of the time and we’d sit there and have to go through the car and get quarters and help her get gas because she never liked to ask my grandparents for money. I remember having a lot of macaroni and cheese but my mom never made it seem like it was a big deal. She was really strong around me. Having me at 16 had to have been a big responsibility. My mom gave up everything for me, had three jobs, supported me sacrificed her life for me."




Her mom adds, "Yeah, we might have run out of gas – we did have to walk to the dollar store to get dollar spaghetti and make it … so we always had food but if I knew she wanted to go to a concert I would save up for it. You do the best you can with what you’re given."




That seems like some difficult early years, but we're glad to see all that sacrificing has worked out for the best. No more struggling to get through each day, worrying about gas or food. That's brave of Selena to open up so early about the sacrifices her mom made, and her humble beginnings.




You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment