Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My First Assignment




11/9/2010
Being the only intern at KTLA yesterday, I was caught up on all the usual work we had to do. At about 11:45am, my supervisor asked what I was doing after, and if I could cover a story. Of course I said YES!!!
I covered this event about an organization called the Lollipop Theatre Network, which brings movies to hospitals along with an actor in the movie. This event took place at the Mattel Children's Hospital at UCLA. The kids had little makeovers where a team did their hair and makeup. They even had little accessories to complement their outfit, such as hats, sunglasses, boas, crowns-it was such a precious sight.
I interviewed three kids who had the best personalities, it was so adorable talking to them. All of them looked so beautiful and handsome, it was truly something special. I also interviewed the child actress Joey King from the movie "Ramona & Beezus." She was sooo pretty and she had the best personality. Right from the get-g0, she started talking to the patients, even walking the red carpet set up for them and individually taking pictures with everyone.
Being on assignment for the first time made me really appreciate my internship and the opportunities that come with it. Even though I'm only an unpaid intern, being sent to do a story that will be featured on the news means a lot to me because sometimes you can never expect what will happen next.
To everyone out there: TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY THAT COMES YOUR WAY! YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU'LL MEET OR WHAT PATH THIS CAN LEAD YOU TO IN THE FUTURE! I'M TRULY BLESSED I WAS GIVEN THIS OPPORTUNITY.


You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment