Monday, January 24, 2011

Find Your Perfect Shade of Red Lipstick








So lately, I'm been obsessed with different shades of lipsticks, but a classic example of that is finding my right shade of red lipstick. I've had a few different reds, but I'm personally into really bright reds, like in Gwen Stefani. Realistically though, that's not going to happen...I don't have blonde hair and pale skin (well not as fair as hers anyway). I went to Sephora last week and though they sold out of the Classic Red Lipstick I wanted to try, I ended up trying Sephora's Hot Tango 05 which is a Bright Red Lipstick, and it fit my skin pretty well.
I honestly feel like I have a constant skin tone, it seriously changes throughout the year. I'm golden and tan over the summer, then I'm pale and yellowish over the colder months. But when choosing a perfect shade of year that fits you personally, the foundation is to identify your skin tone and go from there. Here are some affordable lipsticks exclusively at Sephora![[BR]]
WARMER SKIN TONES...
(if you have golden skin/brown or hazel eyes/hair has golden or reddish tones--Lindsay Lohan)
Your perfect red: Wine Red, try Wine Red #58 which is a Bergundy Wine by Korres $22. It's a longwearing, creamy lipstick with antioxidants and anti-aging benefits.[[BR]]
COOLER SKIN TONES...
(if you have rosy or olive skin/blue, green, or hazel eyes/hair has no golden or reddish tones--Angelina Jolie)
Your perfect red: Scarlet Red, try Givenchy's Rouge Interdit Satin Lipstick in Absolutely Irresistible Red $28. This rich, creamy formula has a nice velvety texture.[[BR]]
OLIVE UNDERTONES...(Aishwarya Rai)
Your perfect red: Coral Red, try Yves Saint Laurent Silky Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 in Extreme Coral #15 $34. It's a smooth and creamy lipstick that exudes radiant color.[[BR]]
Red is a very tricky color to wear, but very doable to any skin type! The best way to test out colors is to actually go to a make-up counter and test out the lipsticks, even consult with a make-up artist...THAT'S WHAT THEY'RE THERE FOR!



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment