Tuesday, April 19, 2011

DEMI LOVATO SAYS "SO LONG DISNEY!!!"


Recently, Demi Lovato, the sweet pea from Disney has been in a lot of negative press. Who knew that she was going through a mental breakdown and had to enter rehab (for physical and emotional issues) at such an early age? I guess the enigma of fame was too much for her, along with the heartbreaking split from ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas.


It is official that Demi is quitting her hit show Sonny With A Chance on Disney to pursue her music career. "It made sense for me to go ahead and leave the show to focus on my music. It's kind of sad for me that a chapter of my life has ended but there couldn't be a better time for me to move on. I don't think going back to Sonny would be healthy for my recovery. Being in front of a camera would make me nervous," she says.


Being now out of rehab, Demi Lovato is ready to put herself out there again and spread awareness on body image issues many teens especially girls are going through. "I developed an eating disorder, and that's kind of what I've been dealing with ever since. I was compulsively overeating when I was eight years old. So, I guess, for the past 10 years I've had a really unhealthy relationship with food."


She is also not afraid to admit to cutting herself. "It was a way of expressing my own shame, of myself, on my own body. I was matching the inside to the outside. And there were some times where my emotions were just so built up, I didn't know what to do. The only way that I could get instant gratification was through an immediate release on myself. I was performing concerts on an empty stomach. I was losing my voice from purging. I was self-medicating. I was not taking medication for depression, and I literally was so emotionally whacked out that I took it out on someone that meant a lot to me."


Knowing that at such an early age Demi Lovato had to grow up in front of the public where appearance is known to be very scrutinizing can be difficult. Going to rehab early and finding time for herself can take Demi to a positive place. Not only would she continue to be the role model she was to young girls, but her influence can reach so many others who are facing similar hardships. If you wait too long to fix something, sometimes it can be too late; it's important to get help as soon as you notice a negative pattern in your life...



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment