Friday, April 15, 2011

LADY GAGA'S TAPS INTO RELIGION WITH SINGLE "JUDAS"


SHE IS AT IT AGAIN FOLKS...

"Let the cultural baptism begin. If they were not who you were taught they would be, would you still believe?" Lady Gaga said of her new track.

Being that the single is titled "Judas" causes more controversy with the religious sector, especially since talk has leaked that Gaga herself will play Mary Magdalene and the bible itself will be featured in it. The church doesn't think this is such a good idea since the timing is completely off, Easter is just about a week away!


Creative director Laurieann Gibson told the Hollywood Reporter: "It went through several changes and late-night debates because at one point there were two completely different views and I was like, 'Listen, I don't want lightning to strike me! I believe in the gospel and I'm not going there.'"

"It was amazing because to have that conversation about salvation, peace and the search for the truth in a room of non-believers and believers, to me, that was saying God is active in a big way."

"We don't touch on things that we have no right touching upon, but the inspiration and the soul and idea that out of your oppression, your darkness, your Judas, you can come into the marvelous light. We've created a new Jerusalem."




Check out the lyrics, very biblical indeed:

Ohohohoh
I'm in love with Judas

Ohohohoh
I'm in love with Judas

Judas! Judaas Judas! Judaas
Judas! Judaas Judas! GAGA

[Lady Gaga - Verse 1]

When he comes to me, I am ready
I’ll wash his feet with my hair if he needs
Forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain
Even after three times, he betrays me

I’ll bring him down, bring him down, down
A king with no crown, king with no crown

[Chorus]

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel
But I’m still in love with Judas, baby
I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel
But I’m still in love with Judas, baby

Ohohohoh
I'm in love with Judas

Ohohohoh
I'm in love with Judas

Judas! Judaas Judas! Judaas
Judas! Judaas Judas! GAGA

[Lady Gaga - Verse 2]

I couldn’t love a man so purely
Even darkness forgave his crooked way
I’ve learned our love is like a brick
Build a house or sink a dead body

I’ll bring him down, bring him down, down
A king with no crown, king with no crown


Who is Lady Gaga without the controversy attached to it? She's an artist who pushes the envelope and conveys a new message to be heard loud and clear. It's refreshing to see someone who isn't afraid to express themselves and to stick to their beliefs.


The song isn't necessarily my favorite compared to her more danceable, catchy tracks. While I was hearing the song on KIIS FM earlier, I was confused if it was even Lady Gaga, because it sounded like a Caribbean artist, i.e. Rihanna? When looking at the lyrics, it does remind me of her single "Bad Romance" which conveys her love as forbidden and dangerous. The video to this soon should be released in a few weeks, so watch out for that!



You Just Do You, Imma Do Me

Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment