Sunday, June 19, 2011

Kratika Sengar


She entered as the queen of the show, but now as the show wraps up, TV actress Kratika Sengar, popularly known as Jhansi Ki Rani,feels great to be a part of one of the biggest shows on TV. Having done daily soaps earlier too, for her, the role of the warrior queen will be forever close to heart.
Speaking to DNA, Kratika describes all her experiences that made the show so much special.
Talking about her experience essaying the role on Zee TV’s Jhansi Ki Rani, Sengar says, “To be honest, I was in awe of Rani Lakshmibai when I first accepted the role. In many ways, I perhaps still am and will always be. Rani Lakshmi Bai has been looked upon as a symbol of strength amongst women and a source of inspiration for millions Indians who continue to enjoy the fruits of her immense sacrifice and toil. While the show was a tribute to her bravery, gallantry and patriotism, it also highlighted how the Rani played each role in the life a woman – that of a daughter, mother, wife and a warrior with equal aplomb! I learnt so many new things through this role, be it horse-riding, swordsmanship, the body language and diction for the Rani. As an actor, portraying Rani Jhansi was dream come true!”
Ask her about her feelings on her show coming to an end, and she replies, “I am filled with mixed emotions as I complete this show. The last episode will be aired on Sunday, I am a strong believer that as one door shuts, there’s always a new one that opens up. So to that extent, I am optimistic about what lies ahead. But there is no denying that I’m already feeling pangs of heart-ache over leaving behind such a grand set, such a wonderful bunch of people with whom I bonded so beautifully and this once-in-a-lifetime role.”
But life as Rani Jhansi, though not real, wasn’t easy for Sengar, as she shot extensively at Karjat. Any regrets? “Well, shooting for days on end, without returning home, does deprive you of a personal and social life. There were several family weddings one missed, quality time with my chosen few friends was down to zero. I missed my younger brother a lot. But when I go somewhere and people recognize me and look up to me as if I really am Rani Lakshmi Bai, it all feels completely worth it! The immense success of the show and widespread acceptance by the audience justifies all the hard work and toil that has gone into making it everything it is!” says Sengar.

No comments:

Post a Comment