Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Camille Mendez: Bachelors in Economics




So, I'm practically almost done. My worst thought was not passing 2 of my classes I had Spring Quarter, but I did!!! That was the greatest news ever!!! I can't believe my 3 years of college already passed by. That Saturday, June 12, I walked at my graduation and moved out of Irvine into my permanent home.
Surprisingly, I became really emotional during my graduation. I felt for one thing that it wasn't my graduation. I mean I knew some people, but being able to leave college with the people you came in with would've been great. Not that I'm complaining or anything, but my graduation became a true emotional moment. I found myself in the audience, trying to hold my tears back. I know truly my parents were so proud of me, and I was proud of myself.
At such a joyous moment, I also felt lonely. Seeing all the graduates and their families made me question my family ties. I don't want to go into it, but I just wish there was more of a personal audience to witness that great once in a lifetime moment. People I cared about so much and who I expected to be there weren't, so I began to question who my true family is. Who knew that your own family can be the most careless people sometimes.
Besides that, I'm here back at home, trying to keep sane. I found working out to be my one true, feisty friend. Home really is a place to reflect and see who would really stay in my life, whether it be friends or family. I'm so glad I'm more closer to Los Angeles because now I can get to network in this great city. We'll see what happens!!

Since I have a lot more time on my hands, I promise I will continue writing, and let me know what you think!!!


You do you, imma do me


Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment